Are you a seasoned frontend engineer with a passion for solving complex coding tasks?
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced scale-up environment?
Then this job might be for you!
Neurons brings neuroscience into marketing to offer innovative solutions to our customers, and as the company is on its new stage of exponential growth we are looking for a Senior Sofrtware Engineer to join our fantastic Product team.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to build Explore, our new data collection and data visualization product. You will define all the client-side architecture in a monorepo setup, while working with modern technology like React, Redux and React-Query. You will be involved in all the product discovery process from idea to code, and will face complex coding problems and technology challenges.
Your key responsibilities in this role will include:
Feature development and codebase maintenance
- Own Explore’s codebase and libraries, define and deliver new features following high standards for testability, scalability, and performance.
- Write clean, maintainable, and testable code and reusable components.
- Work with backend engineers to solve complex problems, while participating actively in the API design process.
- Collaborate with our QA Engineer to deliver high quality solutions to our customers.
- Collaborate with other engineers to solve problems of different sizes, from code to new ideas and methodologies.
Take ownership of the Frontend development cycle
- Develop and deploy working software to production, providing the conditions to safely deliver code many times a day by instrumenting feature flags, unit/component tests, CI pipelines, code reviews, etc.
- Review pull-requests while providing feedback to your peers in an empathetic, friendly and constructive way.
- Document important architectural decisions (ADRs), and participate in our decision-making process (RFCs).
- Improve our testing coverage by writing unit and integration tests.
Collaborate with Product team
- Work closely with our product manager and product designer, offering your technical expertise to shape the future of Explore.
- Define technical requirements and translate them into solutions for React-based components.
- Be a pragmatic engineer and give recommendations on the best possible solution while taking into consideration all the technical and product restrictions.
Mentor Junior Engineers
- Run pair programming sessions when needed.
- Be open to answer technical questions from less experienced engineers in a very friendly and assertive way.
- Help Junior Engineers grow by guiding them through all of the complex aspects of software development.
What you will need to succeed:
- 5+ years professional frontend development experience.
- Proficiency in ReactJS and stage management libraries like Redux.
- Extensive experience with Typescript is important.
- High proficiency in customer facing UI development with CSS, using preprocessors like SASS.
- Experience writing unit and component test with Jest and Cypress.
- Strong experience building and deploying single-page applications at scale.
- Experience collaborating with multi-functional partners outside your domain, especially with product, design and quality.
- Experience working with any agile-like methodology being part of a product engineering team.
- Great communication skills
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback.
- Ability to reflect on past experiences and mistakes.
- Collaborative mindset
Who are we?
Neurons is the world’s leading consumer neuroscience company. Since 2013, we have worked with Fortune-500 companies to optimize every part of their customer journey, including advertising, retail, user experience, innovation, tech, and beyond. We offer a suite of neuroscience products that comprise Predict, a cloud-based, attention prediction AI; Explore, a remote neuroscience user testing platform; and Research, a bespoke, full-scale research solution.
We offer an array of benefits:
- In-house lunch
- Friday Hygge (including Karaoke, Bingo, Board Games etc.)
- Quarterly Company Event
- Team Events
- Health Insurance
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Neurons is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.